Difference Between Save As and Print to Adobe PDF

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Fri Jan 29 10:29:36 PST 2010

"I run a link checker as a matter of course, and they're always clean. By the way, I have TimeSavers installed, and it seems to apply equally to either method."

I assume a "link checker" is just what it sounds like - but where can I get one? I test some links manually to ensure links are active but when output runs from 300 to 450 pages no way can I check even close to all of them. This sounds like a great idea.

Also, what is TimeSavers?

FYI: I'm new to FrameMaker and have only used FM9 (with Acrobat 7) but have had no problems using the Save as PDF option - so either they've fixed the issues or I've been lucky. (the few Hard copies we print are done professionally on 600dpi high speed laser which I'm sure requires less complex output files than full colour separation methods. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my luck holds!).

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127