Batch Conversion of Frame Referenced Graphic Calls

Tony Marek tony.marek at pdf.com
Tue Jul 13 11:51:21 PDT 2010

Hello -- about five years ago I was given a method for converting all
referenced graphic files in a Frame document from .tif to .gif format.
(.gif works better for our purposes now.) The document I'm working on
has thousands of .tifs, so an automated way to do this is needed. Our
method involved saving/exporting the Frame document to some sort of
text-based format where all of the graphic references were spelled out.
(This was not .mif.) Then I could simply search for all ".tif" strings
and replace them with ".gif". After that I'd somehow save the file back
into the standard Frame format. Then in Photoshop, I'd do a batch change
of the .tifs to .gifs. Then opening the converted Frame document
resulted in all the reference calls bringing up the new .gif images.
The problem is that I lost my cheat sheet on how to do this, and I can't
recall the process of saving the Frame file to this text-based format
and back again. Been through the current Frame menus and the Adobe
support postings with no luck.

Can anyone help? I'm in Frame 9 now.

Much appreciated...
~Tony