Customizing underline formatting

Laura Norton lauranorton.09 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:49:06 PDT 2010

Hello fellow framers,
Does anyone know whether it's possible to customize the line style
attributes used when the Underline check box is selected in the
Character Designer and Paragraph Designer (Default Font tab) and
Double Underline is chosen?

Our tech docs group is looking for the ability to create a custom
Double Underline Character style that can be applied to selected
inline text  vs. a paragraph style applied to an entire line. In the
latter case, we would simply define the line style on the Reference
page.

A little digging turns up an old post in this forum (Wed, Jul 16,
2008) but it addresses a paragraph style application from the Ref
page, not the character style (or specifically, the Underline line
style attributes).

We also found references to FUnderlining values in the MIF reference
but that may be more of a programmatic method than we'd care to invest
in.

We're using TCS's FrameMaker 8.0p277. Any and all input is appreciated!

Best regards,
Laura Norton
Sr. Technical Writer
CNC Software, Inc.