Batch Conversion of Frame Referenced Graphic Calls

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Jul 13 15:50:53 PDT 2010

It also doesn't address the issue of the import filter used to import the
graphic. There is an import filter property that determines the image type.
If you edit the mif file, you may have to edit this property as well as the
filename. With FrameScript, the script will be operating on the binary
FrameMaker files and can change the import filter property while changing
the filename. If you are interested in a FrameScript solution, please
contact me off-list. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com

*** Frame Automation blog at http://frameautomation.com

Scott Turner wrote:

> The alternative to making a script, is to use a full-featured text editor
> like TextPad. The feature you are looking for is the ability to search and
> replace through files in a directory, or open files. Oxygen is another
text
> editor that can do this.

But that doesn't address the problem of how to expeditiously save whole
directories (or drives) of binary FM files as MIF. Or how, after running
them through the edit process, to save all the modified MIF files back to
binary FM. A FrameScript script would let you automate all three stages of
the process (including invoking the editor of your choice to do the global
replace).

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.