Consolidated index - more

Milton, Cynthia cynthia.milton at serco.com
Tue Jul 20 05:54:33 PDT 2010

Classification: SERCO-PUBLIC

OK, so, I played around a bit more. I hope the following makes sense to
you.

To recap: the book file from which I'm generating the index contains
around 200 files and a book file, thus:

IOM (Index of Markers)
Files . . .
Book

This book file contains ordinary fm files and generated TOC, LOT, LOF
and IX files, thus:

Title
Preface
TOC
LOF
LOT
Files . . .
IX

Now, I noticed that the TOC/LOF/LOT wodge consisted of 14 pages. So I
inserted a spurious index marker in the Preface (i.e. before the
generated wodge), and regenerated the consolidated book. Bingo, the
spurious index entry had the correct page number, and markers on pages
after the generated wodge produced numbers 14 adrift from reality, as
before.

The 21-page discrepancy between the reported number of pages of the
subsidiary book in the consolidated file and the subsidiary book file is
accounted for by all the generated files, i.e. the front-wodge and the
IX file. And when I generate a PDF, the generated files in the
subsidiary book are ignored.

I can only assume that when one generates a book containing a book (so
to speak), Frame ignores the generated files in the contained book, for
some reason.

My quick-and-dirty will be to temporarily insert a 14-page file in the
subsidiary book to pad it out. Anyone have any further thoughts?

Cynthia Milton - 0773 889 5991
Technical Documentation (Cyclamen - Rollestone)

Classification: SERCO-PUBLIC

This e-mail and any attachments may contain sensitive and/or
privileged material. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you
are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose
such information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the email or any attachments are free
from viruses.

The views expressed in this email are those of the originator and do
not necessarily represent the views of Serco.

Nothing in this email shall bind Serco in any contract or obligation.

Please note that all email messages sent to Serco are subject to
monitoring/interception for lawful business purposes.

Serco Group PLC. Registered in England and Wales. No:
2048608.

Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY.