type vs enter

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Jul 20 14:01:07 PDT 2010

Makes good sense.

If it is an instruction "Type [the required data]" makes sense and is
reasonably unambiguous. Whereas "Enter" is used differently depending
on context, ranging from going into an enclosed space to form filling
and so there may be some moments of confusion as the reader decides on
the context, and then the meaning of the statement.

Alan