Circular text flow?

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Jul 21 07:29:05 PDT 2010

Hi, all.

I am not sure I understand the reason for the hoopla yet - at least with regard to N-up booklet output. :)

I have done these kind of booklets in FrameMaker (or Word for that matter) without difficulty ... just by setting the page size correctly so that the pages do not have to "shrink to fit" when printed in this way.

It is my printer driver that does the printing in the correct sequence so that I can fold and saddle-stitch. For example, I do this with my old and ancient HP ink jet printer at my desk for proofing.

When I need automation or many booklets, our color Xerox printer even folds and saddle-stitch staples automatically (quite nice!).

Of course, folding is not useful for more than about 12 to 16 pages (i.e., 3 to 4 sheets of paper) because the paper edges start poking out a bit "on the right" with anything more than 20-lb paper.

So ... am I missing something in this discussion?

BTW, why is this all called "imposition"? I have to admit that I have not heard that term used in this context before!