Acrobat 9 - a disaster

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Mon Jul 26 01:36:20 PDT 2010

Hi Tori,

> Dov, we use this feature for 'testing' PDFs in which we have enabled
> Acrobat Reader rights. We have a lot of clients who simply will not
> spend the money to get Acrobat, so either we give them Reader-enabled
> PDFs or they send us <<shudder>> hardcopy edits.  No idea why,  but
> sometimes that rights-enabling doesn't 'stick', and we've
> sent a client
> a PDF they could not add edits to.  So now we always open the
> saved PDF
> in Reader to double-check it can indeed be edited in Reader (on a
> separate computer that hasn't got Acrobat, I hasten to add).

You can also open the PDF in Acrobat Professional and check the
properties. If commenting in Adobe Reader is enabled, the settings
in the properties dialog are greyed out and cannot be changed. The
Security tab lists the limitations. You do not need to check this in
Adobe Reader.

Best regards

Winfried