Framemaker 9 vs Microsoft Word

Writer generic668 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 3 06:51:33 PDT 2010

Most of the Frame "deficiencies" listed here seem rather minor to me (probably because I don't need word count, reading level, outline, etc) compared to its strengths, especially stability. I don't want to start another "I hate Word" debate, but I don't like to use Word for any document that is larger than a letter or memo because I spend half of my time fighting with it. I've never been able to get it to stop renumbering items behind my back, etc. So I recommend FrameMaker thoroughly.

However, I find having Mif2Go very useful for creating Word files from my Frame files so that developers and others who are comfortable with Word (or rather, who do not have Frame) can perform reviews, or use existing content to develop new content. Mif2Go converts Frame to Word very nicely.

Nadine

PS: Sorry, Shmuel, I meant to send that to ALL the last time.