Is it possible to Save As PDF from FrameMaker 9 using Acrobat 7 on Windows7?

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Jun 3 12:11:47 PDT 2010

Acrobat 7 does not support any version of Windows beyond Windows XP
and certainly NOT any 64-bit version of Windows.

With all due respect, if you are considering upgrades of operating system
and hardware (such as more memory than can be supported by a 32-bit OS),
you should consider the FULL cost of such upgrades including any and all
applications you either explicitly or implicitly require.

With regards to "generating reliable PDF files from FrameMaker 9 on
Windows 7," some ideas:

	(1)	FrameMaker 9 does come with a headless limited version
	of Distiller 9 (you can't run it separately) that allows creation
	of PDF via the "save as PDF" facility of FrameMaker 9. However,
	you would need to uninstall Acrobat 7 if you want it to install
	and work.

	(2)	Non-Adobe PDF creators will not integrate with FrameMaker
	and typically have been known to create mediocre-at-best PDF.

	- Dov

Adobe does NOT support CS2 on Windows 7. Only CS4 and CS5 are supported
on Windows 7.