Is it possible to Save As PDF from FrameMaker 9 using Acrobat 7 on Windows7?

Ursula McCloy Ursula.McCloy at peergroup.com
Thu Jun 3 10:17:18 PDT 2010

Thanks, Art :).

While I thought I was explaining myself clearly, your questions made me
realize that in fact I did not!  Ah, the value of a peer review...
1)	I have a brand-spanking-new machine with Windows7 64-bit on it.

2)	We installed our new FM9 license.  All works well.
3)	We installed our old Acrobat 7 Pro on it.  All works well,
except that the PDF Printer driver does not appear as a printer in the
Devices & Printers dialog, nor is it available as an option when you
print via any application (including FrameMaker), nor can I Save As PDF
via FrameMaker.  This leads me to believe that the PDF Print driver is
not actually installed.
4)	I cannot locate the PDF Printer driver (which I believe is
called AdobePDF.dll or AdobePDF.inf) to try and perform a manual
installation.

Is there any way to successfully install Acrobat7 so that in includes
the PDF Printer driver in Windows 7, 64-bit (i.e., a particular sequence
we have to follow using the normal installer, an extra manual step we
could perform)?  I think we could install under XP compatibility mode,
but then the printer driver would not be available to applications
running in Windows7, rendering it useless.  If there is no workaround
for Acrobat 7, is there another printer driver (not from adobe) that is
64-bit compatible and reliable for use as a postscript generator?

Thx

Ursula