Is it possible to Save As PDF from FrameMaker 9 using Acrobat 7 on Windows7?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:10:10 PDT 2010

OK, if you run the installation program in Windows XP compatibility mode, it
doesn't have anything at all to do with what the Acrobat program actually
does or what it works with when it's running. The installation program just
installs. Period. It doesn't control what can or cannot use the virtual
printer.... but given that A7 is being installed on a system running an
operating system it wasn't designed for, I'm not too surprised you're having
problems though.

I'd try:
1. Download the Acrobat 9 eval version and install it, to make sure that, at
least works. Worst case is you can use it for 90 days free.
2. Ring up Adobe Tech Support (yeah, I know it's several hours of phone
hell, but installation problems are free), and see if it's possible to set
up Acrobat 7 on W7.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
         art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358