Offtopic: Trados Workbench and font conversion (Japanese translation)

Andersen, Verner Engell VEA verner.andersen at radiometer.dk
Fri Jun 4 02:15:33 PDT 2010

Hi

Our translator is using Trados Workbench. I deliver input .mif files
with the font Arial Unicode MS. the output font is supposed to be MS
Mincho.
The translator uses this procedure:

Go to File > Setup > Fonts

> 2. Set "Source default font" as Arial Unicode MS

> 3. Set "Target default font" as MS Mincho

It seems as if that the rtf file is MS Minco. However when converting
from RTF to .mif the font in converted back to Arial Unicode MS.

Do any of you have an idea of what is happening?

Best regards,

Verner

Radiometer Medical ApS
Akandevej 21
2700 Bronshoj
Denmark
Phone: +45 38 27 38 27
CVR: 27 50 91 85
www.radiometer.com
For the latest trends in acute care testing, go to Radiometer's knowledge site www.acutecaretesting.org

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
by email by replying to the sender and delete this message.  The
sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer
to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the
foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or
other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included
in any attachment.