Publishing in Different languages

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:31:04 PDT 2010

Hi Scott,

Machine translation is far from perfect, and can lead to very
erroneous statements in your documentation - especially if it's used
by non-native speakers and/or localizers lacking experience in your
industry's domain knowledge.

Your best bet is to use a company specializing in localization
services who can help you not only with translation but with improving
your overall approach to your localization workflow, from template
improvements to writing style improvements to best suit global
audiences.

I've copied a colleague of mine in on this discussion. I suggest you
drop him a line, as at a minimum he can help you best orient yourself
to approaching a localization project.

Regards,

Bill