PLM Publisher?

Martinek, Carla CMartinek at zebra.com
Fri Jun 11 06:02:03 PDT 2010

Is anyone on the list familiar with PLM Publisher (www.sinteg.ch<http://www.sinteg.ch>)?  I'm looking for feedback of any kind.

Their brochure for their FrameMaker product (they also do Quicksilver and InDesign versions):
 http://www.sinteg.ch/index.php?section=media1&act=download&path=/media/archive1/&file=plm_publisher_fm_broschure_en.pdf

"PLM Publisher is a document authoring tool for content editing, management and publication of complex documentations like manuals and catalogs. PLM Publisher seamlessly binds Adobe FrameMaker with the Product Lifecycle and Document Management Solution Oracle Agile PLM. It enables a streamlining of editing processes. Technical writers are provided with a tool that can be used to efficiently create and manage content modules (compound documents) and compile them into an information network. A subsequent publishing process allows for the production of various document types. Throughout all phases of the documentation creation process, PLM Publisher proves to be a powerful tool that supports technical writers in their daily work."

We use Agile PLM in our company, and one of the Agile gurus insisted that we should be using Agile as the CMS to manage our FrameMaker docs. I laughed... one of my manuals is 1100 pages, made up of 500+ topical files. There was NO WAY I would be manually checking out that many files myself, and he couldn't offer any kind of automated check-in/out for that quantity of files, at least in a way that supported my needs.

However, I found this plug-in in my own searches, and have requested more info from the company. Their website is shockingly sparse, which does not bode well IMHO, but we'll see. Hence my request to all of you.

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.