FM8 8 error message when importing *.png file

David Farbey dfarbey at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 07:24:45 PDT 2010

I am using FM 8.0p277 (installed as part of TCS 1) on Win XP Pro.

In the recent past I have had no problem importing *.png graphic files into
FrameMaker 8.

Today I tried to import a *.png file and received an error message:  “The
filter encountered an error and could not complete the translation.” I can
import files in other formats such as *.jpg.

I had a quick look on the Adobe support forum, but the only references to
this error message appear to be related to importing PDF documents into
FrameMaker 7.

Any ideas for resolving this issue would be gratefully received.

Thanks

David

David Farbey - david at farbey.co.uk
Mobile  07879 005 946