Turn off tabbed docs/books and all pods & panels disappear

Pat Christenson pxenson at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 20:08:02 PDT 2010

Hi -

I can't search the Archives so I apologize if this has already been
discussed. I"m running FrameMaker 9.0p250 Windows XP under Fusion 2
on a Mac. I didn't like tabbed doc windows so I turned that off in
Preferences. Suddenly nothing would access pods or panels such as
Paragraph Designer. I tried keyboard shortcuts, dropdown menus, right-
click -- NOTHING. They all came back when I re-enabled tabbing.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any solutions?

I've only been using FM 9 a couple weeks and still having trouble
adjusting to the new interface. Argh.

Thanks in advance.

Pat Christenson