A Graphics Library...Why?

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue Jun 22 10:23:05 PDT 2010

In defense of Eduardo, no, he didn't put the cart before the horse. He had reasons - and all them excellent.

I think he's just looking for that show-stopping description that will keep the auditor off his back. For those of you who don't work in an ISO (or similarly controlled) field, this may not make sense - but I definitely get it. Process for process sake is highly frowned upon.

For my needs, "tracking/locating" (particularly source images, ie, raw images/drawings prior to any editing) is the ultimate reason. But after speaking to one of our QA people (for the non-ISO world, QA is Quality Control from a process/Regulatory perspective - it has nothing to do with testing) and she says "change history" is what she would be looking for as a "why".

Does anyone have a better term...?

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation