FrameMaker PDF Bookmarks

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Thu Jun 24 10:19:41 PDT 2010

It is possible to automate the editing of bookmarks in the PDF file for
inserting chapter numbers, appendix numbers, and even inserting new
bookmarks for particular pages. You can do this with a windows scripting
tool. I use AutoIt. It is just basically like creating a macro that
mimics the steps you would take manually.

My PDF editing utility also pages through a PDF file at a specified
rate, so that I can review it online without pressing next page 400
times. If you are interested in a copy of the script, let me know off
line, since I don't know if the list accepts attachments. (BTW - the
script is for Acrobat 9 - the keyboard actions change from version to
version so it won't work with previous releases, but once you understand
the logic it would be easy to change it to work with an earlier version.)

Fred

--
Fred Wersan
Senior Technical Writer