FrameMaker PDF Bookmarks

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Thu Jun 24 01:45:38 PDT 2010

Richard Combs wrote:

>... Pete, your lengthy procedure can be shortened somewhat. But I don't
>know of any other (that is, automated) solution unless one of the
>TimeSavers tools from Microtype.com provides one. ...

Having a named destination store both the target page as well as the
specific location on the page is generally recommended (so that the
bookmark/link scrolls the page up as necessary).

For use in special cases, the FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers add-on
includes a function that controls *all* named destinations in the PDF being
distilled: Links/General, Advanced > Set destinations to "Fit Page".

All initial view settings can be specified as well as a general default, so
that the operation does not have to repeated every time the PDF is created.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants