Spell checking with em dashes in text ...

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Jun 28 21:48:34 PDT 2010

Jim Pinkham write:
> The ALT+0151 sequence is also handy for the em-dash in Frame. We do use
> and prefer the spaces on each side - and have never run into issues with
> the spell-checker.

I also use the ALT+0151 sequence to insert the eM-dashes - very quick and convenient in Windows.

However, I prefer the look of the eM-dash without the spaces. Hence the problems with the spell-checker!

I have received another e-mail suggesting that I use thin-spaces before and after the eM-dash to be able to use the spell checker ... I have not tried that yet ...