Keyboard shortcuts to pod elements

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed Jun 30 13:31:03 PDT 2010

I use a programmable keyboard to whiz through repetitive tasks (some
of you may use a macro recorder to accomplish the same thing). Prior
to the new Pod interface in Frame 9, I had no trouble using
keystrokes to navigate to specific fields in a window. Frame made
this easy by assigning Alt-code shortcuts. The new pod interface
leaves me frustrated and helpless. For example, in the
Cross-reference Pod, I can find no way to navigate to the Paragraph
Tag or Paragraph Number field so that I can select something from
either list. The only fields that have Alt-code shortcuts are
Document, Go to Source, Format, Edit Format, and Convert to Text.

Do any of you who routinely work deep in Frame's bowels know if there
is a list of field-specific keyboard shortcuts? (Note that I am not
asking about ESC-sequence shortcuts as were recently discussed on
this list.) I hate this loss in functionality by "upgrading" to a
newer product.

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable