Extracting embedded graphics from Word

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Jun 30 13:33:39 PDT 2010

Hi Pat,

I have done several FrameScript scripts over the years to do this. The
process depends on how much control you need over the graphic file names.
For example, here is the workflow we used on one project:

1) The client imported the Word documents into FrameMaker.
2) The client used a script to "mark" each graphic with the desired file
name.
3) The client ran another script that exported each graphic to a specified
folder with the desired name. The same script then re-imported the image by
reference.

I have done more automatic variations that derive the graphic file names
automatically, based on the FrameMaker file name and page number of the
graphic.

Of course with FrameScript, just about anything is possible. If you give me
some more details on your requirements offlist, I will let you know what is
possible. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267