Relative Path Problem for Linked Graphics

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Fri Mar 5 12:45:21 PST 2010

Version: FM9 (9.0p237)
Unstructured
OS: XP Pro with SP3

I received a set of Spanish files back from my LSP today and as I was making some adjustments within the files (I do the final format tweaking as DTP charges are outrageous) it became obvious that they had completely screwed up my graphics - which I import by reference. As the LSP is in Europe I am hoping there is a simple batch method to change the relative path for my all graphics rather than have to re-link by hand or wait for a set of corrected files.

The path is only out by one level.

The FM files sit directly above my "Graphics (Linked)" directory (which is further categorized by Chapters, Appendices, etc.). However, there is now another directory above "Graphics (Linked)" entitled "FM"

...\FM\Graphics (Linked)...

instead of

...\Graphics (Linked)\...

Is there a simple way I can get rid of the "FM" in the relative path (I don't have FrameScript) or am I screwed and need to wait for updated files from my LSP?

Alison

FYI: This isn't a mistake the LSP normally makes. I have no idea what they were playing at but I'll be having words with them!

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127
E-mail: alison.craig at ultrasonix.com<mailto:alison.craig at ultrasonix.com>