Can't delete rogue colors

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Mar 15 13:37:03 PDT 2010

I have been only sporadically paying attention to the list recently, so if
this has been asked/answered recently, I beg forgiveness upfront. In a
recent project, I received a 300 dpi JPEG to use for the cover image of a
user's manual. Y'all helped me through that one (getting a square image to
fit a rectangular page without really distorting the image/losing pixels,
etc. so thanks!)

I imported the image by reference and when I went to update the book, I got
a long involved nastygram about how my colors were now inconsistent across
the rest of the files. I expected that, but figured I would deal with it
later as I was on a ridiculously tight timeline. Today, I am working on
creating a brand new template for a new client and the template is not in
the same directory path, the offending jpeg is not being imported, and so
on. Under View > Color > Definitions,  I see the whole offending list of
colors that I was being warned about on Friday. I thought that I would just
be able to select each offending color and click Delete, but the Delete
button is not available for these colors. (and next to Ink Name, the word
"None" is displayed and is grayed-out.) OK, so I tried saving the file as a
.mif, and opening the .mif to delete the colors, but same issue - the Delete
button is grayed out and the Ink Name is None. I am stumped. This file isn't
even in the same folder as the manual with the graphic that caused all of
this, the offending graphic isn't being imported - shouldn't I be able to
keep different color definitions for different templates?

Tammy Van Boening

Owner/Principal

Spectrum Writing, LLC

www.spectrumwritingllc.com