Semi-OT: Tool for modular doc, multiple import/export

Oppenheimer, Dale L Dale.Oppenheimer at Ingenix.com
Fri Mar 19 07:06:05 PDT 2010

Thanks for the question, Art.

We are looking for some way to store our content in modules, and then
build our deliverables from those modules. Our solution could be a DB or
CMS, but we are open to other alternatives as well.

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

-- Dale

________________________________

From: Art Campbell [mailto:art.campbell at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:17 AM
To: Oppenheimer, Dale L
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: Tool for modular doc, multiple import/export

Dale,

I may being obtuse here, but there's a confusing phrase running through
your message that I'd like you to clarify -- what exactly to you mean by
"stores modular documentation"?

*	Do you mean a product that stores content, like a database or
CMS?
*	Or a product, like FM, that can pull in content from any of the
sources you mentioned, and/or a database or CMS and output it to
different formats? And may or may not store it in it's own file format?
*	Or something else?

Art Campbell
art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                     No disclaimers
apply.
                                                              DoD 358

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Oppenheimer, Dale L