Debloat FM file with linked Visio sheets

Orly Zimmerman orlyz at marvell.com
Mon Mar 22 07:45:07 PDT 2010

HI All,
I'm trying to link figures to my FM file.
Originally, I had embedded the Visios, but this made the file about 30MB or larger.
I've finally figured out how to link to different sheets of a single Visio file, but still, there is one Visio causing the file to still be 10MB - whereas the Visio file itself is 966kb and the FM file without any figures is also around 317kb.

All the drawings are linked, even the one causing the file to blow up.
As an aside, I had noticed that one of my files was linked funny -then I noticed that the sheet name included a slash - when I got rid of the slash, all was ok. My current sheet that is causing me this grief is called "HW" so I don't think it's the sheet name.

I'm running FM8 on the TCS
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Orly.

Orly Zimmerman, Marvell Israel - Technical Communicator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: orlyz at marvell.com<mailto:orlyz at marvell.com>
Office: +972.3.9703440 - OnNet: 705.3440
Fax: +972.3.9704999
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.