Debloat FM file with linked Visio sheets

Baruch Brodersen baruch at technitext.com
Mon Mar 22 07:58:02 PDT 2010

Hi Orly,
As a workaround, you might try saving the problematic Visio file in another
vector format (wmf, emf, eps, pdf, dxf, etc.). Try importing that by
reference and see if the problem clears up.
Best,
Baruch Brodersen
Technitext Documentation Inc.
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Orly Zimmerman <orlyz at marvell.com> wrote:

> HI All,
> I'm trying to link figures to my FM file.
> Originally, I had embedded the Visios, but this made the file about 30MB or
> larger.
> I've finally figured out how to link to different sheets of a single Visio
> file, but still, there is one Visio causing the file to still be 10MB -
> whereas the Visio file itself is 966kb and the FM file without any figures
> is also around 317kb.
>
> All the drawings are linked, even the one causing the file to blow up.
> As an aside, I had noticed that one of my files was linked funny -then I
> noticed that the sheet name included a slash - when I got rid of the slash,
> all was ok. My current sheet that is causing me this grief is called "HW" so
> I don't think it's the sheet name.
>
> I'm running FM8 on the TCS
> Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Orly.
>
> ________________________________
> Orly Zimmerman, Marvell Israel - Technical Communicator
> Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
> Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
> Email: orlyz at marvell.com<mailto:orlyz at marvell.com>
> Office: +972.3.9703440 - OnNet: 705.3440
> Fax: +972.3.9704999
> Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>
>
> This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
> information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
> or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by
> e-mail and delete the message from your computer.

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/baruch%40technitext.com

B a r u c h   B r o d e r s e n
T e c h n i t e x t   D o c u m e n t a t i o n
8 7 7  7 2 1  6 9 8 8