ZapfDingbats error message but ZD not used in files

LW White lwwhite5 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:58:29 PDT 2010

Please pardon the cross-post; this is probably not a DITA-related issue but thought I would cast a wide net.

I'm posting on behalf of another Frame 9 user. She recently got a new laptop and when trying to create a PDF from a structured Frame DITA doc, gets the message:

The ZapfDingbats Font is not available. Times New Roman will be used in this session.

She does not have and never has had ZapfDingbats, on this or her previous machine. Using the same template, Distiller settings, etc., I cannot reproduce this problem on my machine (I do not have ZD either). I have saved the file as MIF and searched for ZD. I've looked everywhere else I can think of for any possible relic of ZD, to no avail.

The message appears for some files but not for others. It appears only in Frame 9. She does not get the message when creating PDFs in Frame 7.

Seems I have read about this before but cannot find the thread now. Can anyone shed light?

Thanks,
Leigh