Can FrameMaker versions 9 and 7.1 co-exist on the same machine?

Duncan, Gary Gary.Duncan at Kronos.com
Tue Mar 23 06:51:12 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

My company is thinking about purchasing FrameMaker 9. We currently use FrameMaker 7.1. Management would like writers to have both versions on their machines as the transition is made, if possible. I don't anticipate actually running the two versions at the same time.

Are there any problems with doing this? We run Windows XP Professional (I'm not sure if we are all on the same version/SP, but probably). I have version 5.1/SP 3.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thank you!

Gary