Can you put a fillable PDF in a Frame document?

Jenny Greenleaf alicemerry at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 10:50:17 PDT 2010

Helpful beings,

I am documenting a product that requires some planning before implementing. I developed some nifty forms using Adobe LiveCycle Designer. I am making the forms available as a separate package on the documentation CD as well as the company support site. Customers can fill in the forms and save them with the data.

I have copies of the forms in an appendix to my manual. I have been just importing the PDFs, like graphics, which leaves them static, i.e., the customers cannot fill them out online. It would be nice for the customers to be able to fill the forms out in the manual and save them with data without having to use the separate forms package.

There seem to be several ways to import PDFs, but I haven't stumbled across the right combination yet to create forms that can be filled out in Acrobat Reader.

I know I can splice the separate PDFs in later, but I'd like to have them generated when I print the book to PDF. I also know that I have to enable form filling in the final PDF.

Is that possible? Has anyone done this? Tips or tricks much appreciated!

Jenny