How to get EPS with transparent background in Frame?

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Mar 23 22:47:40 PDT 2010

Tori,

You wrote:

>Am preparing Illustrator EPS graphics for a Frame 9 user
>(triangle-type 'warning' symbol). She needs them to have a transparent
>background, so I am saving as EPS with TIFF 8-bit  color preview, and
>transparent. Nonetheless, when she imports them they have a white
>background. I have tried saving as CS2 EPS, and Illustrator 10 EPS,
>with the same results. ...

In FrameMaker (all versions), select the graphic frame and using the
graphic tools, apply a fill pattern of None instead of solid white
background applied by default.

In the FM file, you will not notice any difference. When creating a PDF,
however, the EPS background will be transparent.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
"Improve Your FrameMaker Skills" 1-hour web training sessions