FrameMaker 3 files

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Thu May 6 12:05:53 PDT 2010

Hi Doug...

Got your files, but unfortunately I've been unable to open them in FM4.
When I try I'm told that they are damaged. I tried using a heroic open,
but that doesn't seem to have existed in FM4 (when I use it I end up
with a "H" in the current document, which indicates that the Esc o H key
sequence isn't defined).

I suppose that it *is* possible that these files are in fact corrupt.
When I open them in a text editor, they have the basic chunks of stuff
that you'd expect, but there could be some extra binary bits at the end
that may be causing the problem. FM4 doesn't have a "SaveAs FM3" option
so I can't compare a "good" file against yours. You can open them in a
text editor and pick out some of the words in plain text, but that's
probably not terribly useful.

Perhaps someone else actually has a copy of FM3 .. or if you're lucky
you could find one for sale on eBay.

Sorry I wasn't able to help!

...scott

Scott Prentice