FrameMaker 3 files

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu May 6 15:08:41 PDT 2010

On Thu, 06 May 2010 12:05:53 -0700, Scott Prentice
<sp at leximation.com> wrote:

>Got your files, but unfortunately I've been unable
>to open them in FM4.

One possibility I recall.  Frame binary files
must end at a 1K boundary.  When they were sent
via email, they often got a CR/LF added to the
end, and then Frame would no longer touch them.

We wrote a little utility that trimmed off anything
after the last 1K boundary that fixed this.  So if
the file was 2050 bytes, it truncated it to 2048.

If the exact byte sizes are not a multiple of 1024,
let me know and I'll see if I can find that utility
someplace.  Or you could do it with a binary editor.