Search framers archive

Thu May 13 14:39:47 PDT 2010

Karen Pandula wrote:

> I am new to this list and I am wondering if there is a way to search the
> archived topics for a particular subject?

Welcome! You can search the archives with Google. Simply append "site:lists.frameusers.com" to your search string. For instance, you might use a search string like this:

	"updating templates" site:lists.frameusers.com

> I am in the process of updating our company's template and would like to
> know what the best way is to delete all the older formatting tags
> (paragraph, char, table, xref, color, etc).

There are a number of plug-ins, like Clean Import, Paragraph Tools, Find/Change Special, etc., and there are script-based solutions (using FrameScript). MicroType is a good place to start learning about the many tools and resources available for FM:

http://www.microtype.com/links.html

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer