folder structure

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 13:56:25 PDT 2010

Tim,
I would expect that the concensus will be to create the folder structure that fits your way of thinking and what will work for your documents.

Initially I would gather all of the relevant pieces into a clean structure and Bruce Foster's Archive is the tool to collect and assemble all of the pieces.

One gotcha you are going to run into is cross-references. A nice thing about Archive is that it fixes them during it's slight of hand. Very useful tool that, for me anyhow, has more than paid for itself. I think it is still going for $20, but don't hold me to that.

If you feel the need, then move the product specific stuff to sub-folders in the archived tree.

Then you will have to rebuild all cross-references to the specific stuff manually. Links to graphics should be okay, but if graphic links to the specific stuff do break, fixing the first one should fix all for that specific product.