folder structure

Tim J. Slager TSlager at isdcorporation.com
Tue May 18 13:41:27 PDT 2010

I inherited a book with chapters and files in a complex directory structure. We are changing from one version-control software to another, so now would be a good time to change the folder structure.

The complex structure makes it difficult to check out all the files in a  book at once. It seems to me that it would be easier to have files that are common across products in a common files folder, and to have all the rest of the .FM files for each product/FM book in a single folder, with images in an adjacent folder.

I am wondering if there are recommendations for file structure, and what are the gotchas I'm likely to encounter if I move things around.

Thanks. tims

Tim Slager | ISD Tech Pubs | 616.494.1373