Frame 8 bug

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 11:30:56 PDT 2010

FrameMaker does not "randomly" create *.lck files. It creates them methodically and consistently when you open files when you have the "network file locking" feature enabled in your user preferences. But there are some circumstances where these files don't get deleted properly when you close a file, and they almost certainly don't get deleted properly if FrameMaker crashes while files are open. I think you are probably misinterpreting the presence of these files as the *cause* of the crash rather than correctly recognising their non-deletion as a *effect* of the crash.

If you still suspect the *.lck files of causing some problem, tell FrameMaker not to generate them in the first place by going to File>Preferences>General and deselecting the Network File Locking feature in the Compatibility Preferences section.

-Fred Ridder