SAving frame files with numbers at the end (Flato, Gillian)

Oran Petersen orandeep at comcast.net
Sat May 22 10:47:00 PDT 2010

RE: Subject: SAving frame files with numbers at the end

Hi Gillian

These numbers are hex codes that Frame uses to manage the save operations. They should exist only for seconds or less during the save. We saw this very frequently in past years, before we switched to a newer server version. My guess is that you are working across a server connection in which the permissions for the server transmission are in conflict with the Frame save operations, which disrupt the save and leave it "hanging" with the hex extension. I also guess that if you moved the files to your local machine the issue would go away.

We also found that only certain files had the issue, so there is a content related factor associated with this as well. Sometimes mif washing or other refreshing would clean it up. If you are on Windows XP Service Pack 3 you can have all sorts of security related issues across a server and elsewhere.

Our conclusion is that there is something in the server set-up and machine connection  that is causing the issue with Frame, but we never did determine exactly what the combination of conditions were. We did determine that it was machine related and user account related. Changing machines or users would often alleviate the issue.