SAving frame files with numbers at the end

Orly Zimmerman orlyz at marvell.com
Mon May 24 00:26:40 PDT 2010

HI Gillian,
I had this problem with files that were created with older versions of visio, that were *embedded* in my fm file. I had this particular problem especially when I tried changing the conditional text settings. In one of the individual files, I had isolated the problematic figure and then had to delete it in order to work with the file. I found an older copy of the figure in my backup files somewhere.
For these files that you mention with the funny hex endings - if you open that file in fm you'll see that one or more of you figures is shown as a grey box. That may give a clue as to the corrupted figure.

As far as the books go, I also had trouble with saving books as PDF when changing conditional text settings. I tried the windows hotfix, but was still having other problems (I'm running XP/SP2- TCS 1.0). In the end, IT just reformatted my disk - so everything so far is ok - haven't done major book-building yet, then I'll know for sure if all is ok.
Orly.

Orly Zimmerman
Technical Writer
CPBU Documentation