Can the spelling checker be trusted?

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Mon May 24 15:26:30 PDT 2010

We are still on FM 7.0, so this might not be applicable. We are also
still on Win XP

The behavior of spell checker described below sounds a lot like
something that used to happen when I was using spell check and
find-and-replace over and over on a very large document with lots of
instances of the search objects. After working intensely for several
hours, FM would suddenly stop finding things that I knew were there,
such as words misspelled certain ways or just text that needed to be
replaced. It was as if some buffer had become filled up and it could no
longer hold the found items, so they were ignored. If I closed all of
the files and restarted FM everything went back to normal.

HTH,

Clint

Clint Owen | Sr. Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1
425 743 8674 | Fax: +1 425 743 8113