round-tripping xrefs

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Tue May 25 09:38:55 PDT 2010

I am have a problem round tripping cross references.

My source doc has an element called zzhelpTopic. In that element I have
a cross reference element called xrefOlhTOCEntry (which uses an
olhTocEntry cross reference). The cross reference element has one
attribute - ID, which is an ID Reference attribute.

In the source document, it holds the Id of the cross reference - BLAHBLAH.

I export this to XML, and it looks like this:

<zzhelpTopic>
<xrefOlhTOCEntry format = "olhTocEntry"
     srcfile =
"../Cgf-UG/cgf_interfaceForHelpOnly.fm#BLAHBLAH"/></zzhelpTopic>
<zzhelpTopic>

When I import the XML file back into FrameMaker, it creates this:

Element zzhelpTopic with child element xrefOlhTOCEntry, which has the
attributes:
format olhTocEntry
srcfile ../Cgf-UG/cgf_interfaceForHelpOnly.fm#BLAHBLAH"

How do I get it to come back in as a frame crossreference with the
correct ID?

(I've exported my EDD to a DTD and created a structured application. I'm
guessing there is something missing in this process, but am not sure what.)

Fred
--
Fred Wersan
Senior Technical Writer