Boolean expressions in unstructured FM9

Mary Sheahan mhs_tw at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 06:22:11 PDT 2010

We have many brands in one document - each has a condition for the brand-specific information.  There are also different versions for Canadian and domestic product.  We have been maintaining separate sourcefiles for Canadian and for domestic versions.

Now that we've jumped to FM9 (from FM7.1) , I am trying to figure out if Boolean expressions can allow us to merge Canadian and domestic versions.  Unfortunately I am getting an invalid expression when I try to set up the situation I would need.  This is not even attempting proper syntax -- is it possible to do this in unstructured FM9?

(Canada and Brand1) but not (Brand2, Brand3...BrandX, or Domestic)

Likewise, I would also do the same in reverse -- Domestic, not Canadian.

Thanks,
Mary