SVN Diffs in FrameMaker

Joseph Lorenzini panopticon23 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:55:17 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have placed my FrameMaker documentation in a subversion repository.  I use
tortoise svn for my SVN client. Its working great. The one major draw back
is the inability to do binary diffs -- or so I thought. According to my sys
admin, SVN always does binary diffs but relies on the client to figure out
whats different and how to merge it.  TortoiseSVN has a dialog box where you
can tell it to use external diff program for different file types.  If any
diff programs exist for FrameMaker, I might be able to plug it in and use
it.  There are example scripts that do it for Word documents using Word’s
built in doffing functionality.

So what say you all? Does such a thing exist? Please note that in this case,
if a custom solution could be developed, I would definitely consider
purchasing it.

Sincerely,

Joseph Lorenzini