FM9/ Framemaker cannot initialize its dictionaries

Anton David anton at xlated.com
Thu Nov 4 01:05:23 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,

I have installed FM9 on XP and Win7 but I get the same error.
When I try to launch it, it displays the message
"Framemaker cannot initialize its dictionaries. Either the LanguageDir entry
specified in the initialization file is missing or incorrect, or the files
in the LanguageDir are missing or corrupted"
After this error, Framemaker quits.

I have checked the make.ini file and it looks OK. Parameter
LanguageDir=dict.
To be on the safe side, please zip the dict folder of an FM9 installation
and send it to me.
Other suggestions welcome.

Thank you

Anton David