FrameMaker 10 Officially Demonstrated At tekom Conference

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 01:03:27 PST 2010

At 15:24 -0500 9/11/10, Rick Quatro wrote:

>The way the feature is implemented, you wouldn't get the results you did in
>your book. It is basically like "highlighting" with no control over
>background height or offsets, etc.

Bah.

>As far as the book, I hope you used some kind of automation to get your
>results.

Not in the sense that you mean it, Rick. The brief was to give the authors a writing environment that allowed them to reproduce as closely as possible to appearance of the final book. In the end we did that with a combination of structured FrameMaker and SiliconPrairies' 'Autotext' plug-in. Building it all was a major undertaking, as the design had been created , probably in Quark, by someone with no knowledge of FrameMaker and its (few) limitations.

--
Steve