freezing pagination in a structured document

Garbutt, Edwin Edwin.Garbutt at compassairline.com
Fri Nov 12 10:27:49 PST 2010

I am trying to get FrameMaker to freeze page counting in the middle of a file. The reason is I'd like to be able to print a book with temporary revision pages in between the permanent pages. I can't use separate files to control the page numbering because the temp revision pages often start and end in the middle of a section. Example:

3.1.1 (right master page)
3.1.2 (left master page)
page 1 of 4 (temp revision, green master page)
page 2 of 4 (temp revision, green master page)
3.1.3 (right master page)
3.1.4 (left master page)

The problem is Frame auto counts page 1 of 4 and page 2 of 4 as pages in the section and therefore the next master page starts at page 3.1.5 instead of page 3.1.3.

The document is structured and therefore the Freeze Pagination command does not work.

Thank you,

Ed