PDF bookmarks

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Tue Nov 16 06:31:36 PST 2010

Hi Garry:

When I was having trouble with my invisible numbers showing up, I told
people about the setup I have for getting the numbers on the headings in
the bookmarks. So that's one solution: put the same number on the
heading but make it invisible so it shows up in the bookmark, but not on
the page. However, several people sent other solutions, including the
TimeSavers one from Baruch:

- I split the first master page text frame so that I could make it
extend outside of the left column. Since the number is off the page, it
won't show up in your PDF.

- I put a spacer paragraph above the chapter title graphic that's about
4 points high. The text is set to white. This is all contained in a
style I call CT Chapter Title. I put a cross reference to the chapter
title in there, which captures the number and title. Then I include CT
in my PDF setup instead of the chapter title.

Hope you find something to suit your needs.

Fei Min