(FM 9) layout for die-cut side tabs with text?

Edmondson, Becky bedmondson at ahurascientific.com
Mon Oct 4 13:19:42 PDT 2010

We want to create a doc with manila-folder-style tabs on the chapter headers. The tabs are to be a solid color and have some text on them.

I know how to create bleeding tabs and  how to size and position the graphics box to allow for the die-cut trim. My problem is figuring how to get the text placed on the part of the tab that projects outside of the FM page edge. I put the text in a table, inside of a textbox, inside of the graphics box, and then rotated the table. So far so good. But Frame resists every effort to move it outside of the page. Partially moving the text box off the page, so that the bottom of the box is visible on the page, doesn't work.

I am truly stumped. Can't find anything on the web about this. Anyone know how to do this?

--Becky

***** All information contained in this email should be considered confidential and proprietary.   *****