(FM 9) layout for die-cut side tabs with text?

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:00:42 PDT 2010

By your description, I assume the chapter pages will be card stock and
not the normal paper the rest of the book will be printed on, so the
tabs won't tear upon first use. What I would do is use a different
template for the chapter pages, and manually control the pagination of
the content pages rather than continuing numbering from the previous
file. I'd lay the die-cut template out so the tab is within the "page"
region, and refine the crop lines.

All that said, I am curious about why you want to take this overly
complicated approach.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood